Understanding Hearing Loss
HEARING LOSS can happen due to various reasons.
- A loud external sound can impact in your hearing & can result in a hearing loss.
- Sensorineural hearing loss can occur as you get older.
- Hearing loss by birth.
- Use of Oto-toxic Drugs
- Meniere disease
- Noise Exposure, etc.
What is a hearing loss?
- Hearing loss is when your ability to hear clearly is diminished.
- Often the hearing loss is permanent when the mechanism of making you hear have been damaged.
- Hearing loss reduces your ability to hear certain external sounds in your environment and surroundings.
- It can also mean that you can no longer hear high pitched tones like a voice of a person or you can’t hear a person when there is a lot of sound in the background..
- Sometimes the hearing loss can affect one or both of your ears and it may occur due to a various reasons creating problems in inner, middle or outer ear or a combination.
- A hearing loss makes it more difficult for you to hear speech and other sounds. The most common causes of hearing loss are noise and ageing. In most cases a hearing loss cannot be cured. Hearing loss is typically treated with hearing aids.
- To stop your Hearing Problem become visible to your circle of friends and relatives, use a discreet & almost Invisible DANAVOX GN PREMIUM BARANI AND ADVANCED KLAR RANGE OF WIRELESS CIC, ( COMPLETELY-INVISIBLE-IN-THE-CANAL) Hearing Aid.
Mild Hearing Loss
On an average a person in the quietest surroundings can hear between 25 & 34dB !
Loss of 20-39 dB can be termed as a mild hearing loss. This hearing loss refers to a situation where the person can hear the other person inside voice which is about 65 dB but they can’t hear softer sounds like clock ticking or a softer sound of speech. Sometimes people suffering from this situation avoid wearing hearing Aids. We suggest such people to wear DANAVOX hearing aids with Mild amplification or a Custom made with Large Vent.
Moderate hearing loss
Moderate hearing loss can affect a person’s hearing abilities to a great extent. In this situation a person can’t hear sounds softer than 40-70 dB for example door bell, telephone ringing in the next room, whispers, distance speech etc. In this situation a person can hear a normal conversation or a telephone ringing nearby or in the pocket. In this a situation when we advise you to immediately start wearing a hearing aids.
Severe hearing loss
Severe Hearing Loss is a situation when your hearing become worse and you are forced by your family and friends to buy a hearing aid for yourself. In the case of severe hearing loss, a person can’t hear sounds softer than 70-90 dB In this situation a person will not be able to hear normal conversations and is able to hear only louds sound and speech, such as fire cracker or loud speakers..
Profound hearing loss
The most significant degree of hearing loss is termed as Profound hearing loss. In this situation a person can hear sounds louder than 90 dB. For example, the sounds of a fire alarm, trucks noise on the road or an engine of an aircraft. Earlier, large sized Hearing Aids with powerful amplifiers were available in the market. But now, the new technology and designing by DANAVOX Hearing Aids has helped in making the size much smaller and discreet.
To determine the degree of hearing loss at different frequencies of sound, a trained audiologist does a test on audiometer. An audiogram shows as to what frequencies & at what intensity you can hear.This will give us an accurate result on how severe your hearing loss is & accordingly we can suggest the best hearing aid solution for you.
Conductive Hearing Loss
Your ear is made up of three parts – the outer, the middle & the inner ear. When there is an obstruction for sound waves to get through the outer or middle ear, it can be termed as conductive hearing loss. In this situation it’s hard to hear soft sounds and louder sounds may become muffled. Generally, this type of hearing loss can often be treated with surgical intervention or medicines.
Sensorineural Hearing Loss
SNHL or Sensorineural hearing loss is the most type of permanent hearing loss. In a situation where the damage lies in the inner ears or sensory organ (cochlea), generally termed as sensorineural hearing loss. This can happen due to a damaged or deficiency in cochlear hair cells. The choclear hear cells can be abnormal during giving birth or can happen during a lifetime of a person. In this situation, the Soft sounds may be hard to hear and the louder sounds may be unclear or may sound confusing and muffled. The new Cochlear Implant surgery is showing some great results.
Mixed Hearing Loss
As the name sounds, the Mixed hearing loss is a combination of conductive & sensorineural (SNHL) hearing loss. This implies that there is damage in the outer or middle ear & in the inner ear or in the nerve pathway to the brain. A person suffering from mixed hearing loss, may feel the sounds as very soft and find them difficult to understand.
Do You Think You Have A Hearing Loss?
Get An Expert Advice from Danavox Team !
Has it been a while since you got your hearing checked?
Are you not satisfied with the solution provided to you for your hearing loss? Do you have any question regarding your existing Hearing Aid ?